SAFETY EXCELLENCE JOURNEY
Aditya Birla Insulators is focused on Occupational Safety as core to its Operations and the responsibility towards Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) is driven by the desire to protect the people we work with and society at large. Aditya Birla Insulators has always promoted safety as one of the most integral cogs of its value system. We have taken various initiatives towards ensuring utmost safety of our employees and the environment they work in. The Safety Excellence Journey is a significant initiative on this front.
A never ending journey
Aditya Birla Insulators aspires to achieve excellence in safety practices and performance. Therefore it has put a system in place to:
- People’s involvement
- Ensure ownership on safety from line function
- Integrate safety into the existing management system
- Assign accountability on safety to the line function
- Build competency among employees
- Form an integrated approach to build in safety within the contract management process
- Establish life saving rules and progressive consequence management
Key Highlights of our initiatives
- Life saving rules and PSM are introduced to make work place safer at both Unit.
- Introduction of battery operated forklifts and pallet trucks to reduce fossil fuel consumption and emission reduction at Halol.
- Introduced Online safety observation reporting system at Halol.
- Developed Tool box talk registers to ensure daily safety talk at both Unit.
- Penalty matrix implemented for Safety rules Violation at Halol.
- Monthly campaign running for safety & Sustainability on different themes at both Unit.
- 21 technical standards of EHS rolled out for assurance for both Unit
- Certification Training for Crane Operators at Halol.