This privacy statement explains the purposes for which Aditya Birla Insulators processes your personal data. Aditya Birla Insulators is a company formed to <Manufacturing and Selling of Insulators > hereinafter referred as ABI
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION AND USAGE
In line with the objective as stated above, Aditya Birla Insulators processes the personal data of their employees’/customers strictly only in accordance with the list of the purposes as agreed amongst them through a binding contract or otherwise.
Why we collect and use personal information
We use personal data to:
- To fulfill Your requests for products and services offered and subscribed and accepted by you and to contact you either through ABI or their third party service providers through any channel of communication including but not limited to email, telephone, sms, etc.
- To deliver to you any administrative notices, alerts, advice and communications relevant to Your use of the Service
- For market research, project planning, troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or identification of other criminal activity;
- To conduct check on Your credit information with any of the credit bureau or to conduct a background check either by their employees or through any third party vendor.
For economise of cost and to enhance your user experience, Aditya Birla Insulators also enters into contract with various third party service providers from time to time. Such engagement involves sharing of your personal data and the company ensures to pass on the obligation under applicable data privacy law, as may be applicable to it to such vendors and bind them through appropriate contractual clauses and/or company policies, such that the personal data shared with them is used for the limited purpose for which it shared and in accordance with the desired Information Security parameters. We do not market or sell your personal data to any third party.
We may be mandated to share your personal data with any legal, regulatory and/or law enforcement agencies in the event of regulatory inquiries/investigation/ or arising out of any reporting requirement under different statutes or any other statutory obligations under applicable law.
We are committed to protecting your Personal Data in our custody. We take reasonable steps to ensure appropriate physical, technical and managerial safeguards are in place to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, alteration, transmission and deletion. We use encryption at relevant points to protect your data. We have a process for regularly testing the effectiveness of our technical and organizational measures for ensuring the security of the processing. We ensure that the Service providers/third party vendors provide services to us under appropriate confidentiality agreements and are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies.
We keep the Personal Data we collect about you on our systems or with third parties so long as it is required for the purposes it is collected and as in accordance with our retention policy or to meet our legal and regulatory obligations. We retain the Personal Data about you as Data Controller/Processor in accordance with the retention policy and/or as may be statutorily required to be maintained as per applicable law/ or arising out of legitimate purpose. We shall take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify Personal Data that is no longer needed.
RIGHTS UNDER GDPR:
Under GDPR, we acknowledge your right to access, rectification, erasure, restriction of the processing, data portability and object to the processing of your personal data.
You have the right:
- To ask us for access to information about you that we hold
- To have your personal data rectified, if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- To request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing
- To restrict our processing of your personal data (i.e. Permitting its storage but no further processing)
- To object to direct marketing (including profiling) and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
- Not to be subject to decisions based purely on automated processing where it produces a legal or similarly significant effect on you
However, these rights are not absolute in nature and are subjected to contract, applicable legislation, record keeping requirement under applicable statutes, ongoing disputes or potential disputes Aditya Birla Insulators may foresee. To exercise these rights with respect to your personal data you may reach out to us at the contact details given below. We shall take reasonable steps in facilitating your rights.
RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT
In the event, you are of the view that your personal data is not processed in accordance with the purposes as disclosed in this Privacy Statement, you also have a right to lodge a complaint with competent Supervisory Authority, in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of an alleged infringement.